On 26 April 2021, by Gov. Decree No. 194/2021. (IV. 26.) (hereinafter: “Gov. Decree”) the Hungarian Government has decided on the third phase of lifting emergency restrictions, which will become effective on the day after reaching overall 4 million administered first dose vaccinations.
1. The curfew shall be amended to start at midnight instead of 11 p.m.
2. Those with immunity certificate or under the age of 18 will once again be able to visit cinemas, theatres, sporting and cultural events, sports facilities, museums, libraries, zoos, accommodations, and also the indoor premises of catering establishments (hereinafter jointly referred to as “reopening stores”).
Employees of reopening stores may be exempted from the obligation to wear a mask at the discretion of the employer if they have an immunity certificate. In addition to occupational safety risks, employers must also consider the associated data protection risks, since exempting employees from wearing a mask requires collecting data on the fact of immunity, which is a data related to health, therefore sensitive data.
3. It is important to note that only some of the restrictions are lifted, and the following rules remain in force for the time being:
– The announced Gov. Decree does not amend the regulation of travel restrictions.
– It remains obligatory to wear a mask in public areas, immunity certificate does not grant an exemption from this rule.
– For the time being, the immunity certificate does not grant an exemption from the curfew either.
– Private events can be attended by a maximum of 10 people.
– Organizing or attending music and dance events is prohibited.
Further regulation is expected in the lifting of restrictions.
Should you have further questions feel free to contact us.